Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Obligatory blog post about pain scores


PTR
So if you had to give your pain a score between 1 and 10, where 10 is the worst pain you've ever had, what would you pain score be right now?

Mrs Lumbago
10

PTR
So this is the worst pain you've ever felt?

Mrs Lumbago
No, it was worse this morning.

PTR
Ok, so if it was 10 out of 10 this morning, what score would you give it now?

Mrs Lumbago
10

PTR
So it's just as bad now as it was this morning?

Mrs Lumbago
No, this morning it was much worse.

PTR
Right. So the pain was at its worst this morning, 10 out of 10.  If 10 is the worst, what's it like now that it's a bit better?

Mrs Lumbago
10

PTR
Excellent. Excellent.

2 comments:

Lumpage said...

Uhoh, I set my pain scale between 0 and 10. Am I doing it wrong? Or are you just inflating your pain scores? I suppose it is tough times in the health budget.

PTR said...

An excellent question, to be answered in my next post.