Friday, October 15, 2010

Typical

Mobile phone rang yesterday while I was on another call.  No message left.
Mobile phone rang this morning soon after I struggled out of bed.
"Did you get the voicemail I left yesterday?"
"No."
"The room we were going to use for the videoconference here in Hometown is double booked.  You have to drive to Dustbowl."
"Okay".
Rushed to get ready, drove to Dustbowl.
Saw on videoconference that the camera was on in the room in Hometown.
"Hey Mr Videoconference-Guy, shut that one down, it's being used by other people".
Brrrrrrring!  Brrrrrrring!  It's my Esteemed Colleague calling.
"Hello?"
"Hi PTR, I'm in Hometown.  Can you get Mr Videoconference-Guy to turn the videoconference back on?"
"What? That room is double booked, what are you doing there?"
"Well, nobody told me so I came here.  And it turns out it wasn't double booked after all".
Wise Professor turns up at distal end of videoconference linkup.
"Hi guys, I've been roped into this at short notice and I don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing.  How do you normally run these things?"
"Well, this is the first time we've done it, so however you like really."
"Okay, how about I just run through the PowerPoint slides that I sent you?"
"Okay".

No comments: