Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Enraging

I don't often write a blob just for one person but this is an exception.  In the last couple of months I've noticed that the little-used check-boxes at the bottom of each blob that allow you to choose between "engaging", "enraging" and "absurd" is being consistently checked as "enraging".  Just once for each blob, usually within a day of me posting.  My assumption is that it is a single reader doing this rather than an emergent behaviour of the interwebs as a whole.

Here are the questions I would like to ask that strangely devoted reader:
Are you really enraged?  If so, why do you keep coming back?  Do you like feeling angry?  Or is it your way of marking the blob so that you know you've read it because you have some kind of memory deficit?  If that's the case, how do you remember what your method is?  And why not just bookmark your favourite post and read it anew each day?  Or are you trying to inspire your fellow readers to vote more often?  Or is it perhaps your way of giving me a little wave so I know that you've visited even though I don't know who you are?

I know you're out there, enraged man, in the dark so utter,
For when I put my blobs online I hear you gasp and splutter.

No comments: