Thursday, July 1, 2010

World Cup update

Now a quick World Cup update to follow on from the previous poll now that the round of 16 is over.  Let's see what the result were...

When asked "Who will win the World Cup?", NOBODY said "My team"!  So I guess everyone that voted is Australian huh?  That means that the three people who voted for "The team that beat my team" must have been meaning Germany.  Fair enough too.  Two people voted for "The best team" which is reasonably interpreted as meaning Brazil.  Personally I hate Brazil.  They are so damn good that it sucks the life out of the game.  It's like watching Jonah Lomu play rugby against children. 

Nobody voted for "The rank outsiders" which was at first a little surprising to me.  It's a very Australian thing to want the underdog to win.  In this case, however, the underdog was clearly North Korea, so it's not so strange that nobody was flocking to their cause.

Finally, five people thought that the World Cup would be won by "Those cheating bastards".  But I'm sad to say that Italy have already arrived home and will be playing no further part in the tournament.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm backing Paraguay. Sneak through with a win over Spain on penalties, surprisingly thrash Argentina 2-0 and finish it all off with an injury time goal against Brazil in the final (1-0). It could happen...

PTR said...

That's an audacious prediction! I like your thinking.

Anonymous said...

spot on summary of world cup ladder.