Friday, July 23, 2010

Trying

Doctor
Come in Mrs MacGillicuddy!  This is PTR, our medical student.  He's the only medical student I've ever known who wears a suit.

PTR
I'm not wearing a suit, I'm just wearing a jacket because it's cold in here.

Doctor
Just as well you're not wearing a tie.  Are you very tired?

PTR
I suppose so.  No more than usual though.

Doctor 
You look glassy-eyed.  You can go home if you want to.

PTR
No, I'll try to tough it out.  But this afternoon I have to take my cat to the veterinary ophthalmologist.

Doctor
Ha ha ha!  Why?

PTR
It has hypertensive retinopathy.

Doctor
How do you treat that?

PTR
Amlodipine

Doctor
No, what you need is the Green Dream.

PTR
That's a terrible thing to say!

Mrs MacGillicuddy
Good morning!

3 comments:

jamie said...

Thats a really mean thing to say. This doctor's name wasn't Harold Shipman by any chance was it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Shipman

PTR said...

Although the doctor was a little insensitive, I wouldn't go so far as to say they are actually a serial killer.

jamie said...

...and thats why he's still getting away with it. Report him now! Imagine the lives you could be saving!!
Or maybe I'm just blowing things out of proportion.

My word verfication is "ansym". As in; "eww err 'e's ansym int 'e Mabel!?"