Friday, April 30, 2010

Happy birthday Willie


Happy birthday Willie Nelson!  Seventy seven years old today.  I know that some of my readers don't care for you, but I guess that's balanced out by the fact that you don't care too much for them either.

Here are the lessons that I've learned from you Willie - lessons that have made me the man I am today:
  • It's okay to cry, and if you do, make it spectacular.
  • Sometimes it's best to just walk away.  But never forget.
  • Country people are better than city people.  And they carry more guns.
  • If someone disappoints you, they will probably continue to disappoint you, so maybe you should just shoot them and be done with it. 
  • But you can't hang a man for killing a woman that's trying to steal his horse.
  • It's best to leave reggae to the experts.

4 comments:

Pink Stethoscopes said...

Happy birthday PTR. Must be time to grow some long braids, buy a gun, steal a horse and retire to the country. Hope you have a great day.

PTR said...

Thanks for leaving out the bit about smoking joints on the roof of the White House with Jimmy Carter's Secret Service detail. Been there, done that...

K8 said...

I hate to say this, but I happened to be in a reputable bookshop the other day, and to my astonishment saw that Willie had penned a NOVEL, perhaps there was the hint of a ghostwriter, but that's another story...

Imagine my disappointment when on the author's blurb on the dust jacket it said that Willie's birthday was the 29th of April. PTR you have some research to do young man. (Or are you a woman or a haemaphrodite?)

PTR said...

I didn't know that he'd written a novel. I have a book by him that was more of a diary format. It was, to tell the truth, fairly unedifying.

But what is this nonsense about April 29? As far I know it's the 30th...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Nelson