Thursday, April 29, 2010

Agony Aunt 2

Dear PTR,


I need your advice!  I'm a terrible procrastinator, so I often find myself with plenty of time on my hands while the urgent stuff piles up, looming over me like a reef break.  But since I took your previous advice and enrolled in a medical degree, I find that I don't have any friends, hobbies, nearby relatives or private interests.  Clearly I can't spend time actually studying - that would be preposterous.  So what can I do?

Ideally I'd like an activity where I can unleash my boundless creativity.  Something involving writing would be great, since nothing tangible is created so my procrastination will have nothing to sink its hooks into.  In the past people have laughed at things I've said, so it would be good if I could come up with a way of just spewing out all this garbage that comes into my head during the day without regard to social niceties.  Sure, maybe a few people will give me some kind of feedback, but wouldn't it be great if I had ultimate control over that too so I could simply remove any response that didn't stoke my flaming ego.

I am also very opinionated and like ranting and raving about things of which I am ignorant.  Considering alternate points of view is too hard, so some kind of way of expressing myself at great length in a pompous and pious tone would be nice.  Oh, and I am a deeply sensitive person, so from time to time I would like to show people a picture I have taken of a sunset or a cloud or a little baby duckling snuggling up to a tiger.  In fact, I would probably just steal the picture from some other website and publish it without attribution, but I'm still sensitive, right?

Perhaps I could also find some way of telling stories about the things I do which show how funny, clever, brave and self-deprecating I am.   It would also be nice if I could indulge myself by being ironic a lot.

Any suggestions?
(signed)
Idealistic in Adelaide


Dear Idealistic in Adelaide,

You should start a blog immediately.

Sincerely,
PTR

No comments: