Monday, February 15, 2010

Milkgate

This is an outrage!  I had to buy a carton of milk today at the clinic because there was none in the fridge.  And since the nearest shop was a bakery, I had to pay bakery prices.  So I'm $1.80 out of pocket.  Admittedly I have drunk nine thousand dollars worth of free coffee already this year, but I think that's my right - nay, my responsibility to myself and my patients.

I'm going to get Barnaby Joyce onto the case.  Sigh - Barnaby... is there nothing he can't do?

4 comments:

Vonbon said...

Soon to be OVER NINE THOUSAND dollars worth of free coffee? I"m working on that front, I"ve only just found a intern/RMO/registrar combination that will buy coffee for me. I"m going to try working on free breakfasts and lunch too... Ah the repat, a student"s dream.

PTR said...

It sounds like an enchanted fairyland. Do they have sugar-plum drops, all the colours of the rainbow?

Anonymous said...

Speaking of buying things, I was in theatre the other day and the consultant came up to me and asked me if I could do him a big personal favour. I though he was going to ask if I could do the thoracotomy that was scheduled, but alas, he wanted me to go to the canteen and buy him some hash browns.

I tried, but there was none left as the kitchen had stopped making them. No wonder I got a shit report.

PTR said...

You deserved a shit report. Barnaby Joyce would have made the hash browns himself.