Monday, January 11, 2010

Monopoly on foolishness

Huh - typical.  I write a post about how determined I am to smash through my writers block by writing more and then stop writing.  Seems to have worked though.

Went to a great party on Saturday night.  It was a 40th birthday party.  Monopoly theme.  Some of the costumes were very inventive.  People generally dressed up as various components of the Monopoly board game.  My Smaller Half and I didn't realize it was fancy dress until about an hour beforehand so we had a costume fail.

There was a Water Company, an Electric Company, lots of policeman and prisoners, a few money-dresses, a house, and various of the playing pieces including the battleship, the car, and the iron.

One chap had a small silver Wellington boot around his neck, representing the boot.  He told me it was his daughter's and he had requisitioned it and painted it silver.  She's only four years old and she cried because it was half of her favourite pair of pink Saddle Club boots and her mean daddy took them away. 

He said that if I could find another pair in the same size he would pay me five times their worth. He asked me if I thought he might be able to get the silver paint off, and I sadly shook my head.

Then I asked him why he didn't just wrap up the boot in aluminium foil instead of painting it.  The look on his face was priceless.

No comments: