Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Minor update

As predicted yesterday, the stunami stuck today.  It's still only mild though - I did just over one and a half hours just now before running out of steam.  Considering I blew off going to the wards to find a patient to write up, and then skipped a lecture that probably would have been quite interesting, on the grounds that I refuse to spend more time in the car than in class, I'm not sure if I'm ahead for the day or not.  Still, I'm counting it as a moral victory of sorts.

Also, the final vote has been tallied in the Eponymous Virus Dystourismia poll.  The winner is Subiaco virus.  This surprised me.  Considering that the vast majority of readers are in Adelaide I was expecting Toorak haemorrhagic fever to score heaps, given how bitterly Adelaidians complain about Melbourne all the time.  Maybe it's some kind of football thing, which would explain why I don't understand the result.  Manuka tick fever came second, which I found gratifying as an ex-Canberran in a perverse "Oh my god, people have heard of Manuka" kind of way.

Any suggestions for a new poll?

2 comments:

JdR said...

Surely a poll of possible polls is the way to go.

eg: Should the next poll be:
- What the smaller half's brother should've worn for Halloween this year?
- The thing that medical school is most like how it is depicted on TV?
- What would reverse Movember look like?
- Nipple Naming Options

PTR said...

All intriguing questions, but I've decided to keep my powder dry for the time being. Maybe next time...