Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Another recipe

After the outstanding success of my previous recipe post, I've decided to add fuel to the fire.  Lo, and unto you I give...

Fish Fingers, Corn and Rice
3 fish fingers
1/2 cup frozen corn
Rice to taste

Cook the rice in a microwave or steamer until plump and moist, fresh with the heady promise of a new tomorrow.  With a song in your heart, fry the fish fingers in a pan until crisp and delicate like the very eidelweiss itself.  Zap that corn using centimetre-wavelength electromagnetic radiation until it's had enough.  Make it beg!

Break the fish fingers into thirds using brisk, stabbing motions of a fork.  Growl at the fish fingers and make biting motions to get warmed up.  Combine fish fingers with corn and rice and stir.  For a pan-European treat, add some mustard of any variety!  Eat on an old couch while you read comics.

Serves 1.

My new cookbook, "Prone to Roux-verie", will be published by Harper-Collins in December.  Pre-order as a satisfying stocking-stuffer!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great recipe - dripping with attitude, but the name wasn't sufficiently evocative.

How about "Snapping fingers o' fish" or "Corn-fed fish"?

Also - when I made this, I used creamed corn. I think that pre-chewed consistency really added to the retirement-village chic of the recipe!

PTR said...

Ew, I can't abide creamed corn. How revolting.

Anonymous said...

Stephanie and Maggie would be jealous, hope the fish fingers are organic. Gourmet in Adelaide seriously worried

PTR said...

Organic fish fingers? I'd be surprised!