Monday, June 29, 2009

Nazi work-out

Want to see something strange? When I'm on Facebook, as I am from time to time, I've noticed that one of the ads that it really likes to show me is this one:At first I just read the text and went, yeah, you idiots, why on earth would you target me with this ad? I already have killer abs (as discussed in this post -> here <- ).

But then I took a closer look and realized that it's Edward Norton from the film American History X. He plays a brutal neo-Nazi who murders someone in a particularly horrible way. In fact, you can even see the top of the huge swastika that he has tattooed on his chest in that picture.

Why on earth would you choose this guy as your poster boy? "Killer abs - use them to kill people NOW!" Or maybe the program says: "Step 1: get a big swastika tattooed on you. Step 2: You'd better bulk up or someone's going to kick your arse." It's just bizarre.

3 comments:

jamie said...

I get that ad a lot. I think it's funny. Total idiots for using the still frame from American History X.

He was pretty buff though........

Anonymous said...

rage is a very effective burner of calories.
Plus killing people or even a good bashing, is a very physical activity, - aerobic if you aren't very good, (or excessively cruel) and anaerobic if you favour speed and brutality.
They say one glasgow kiss is the equivilent of a 3 mile jog.

PTR said...

Jamie: yeah he was built like a brick shithouse wasn't he? scary guy.

Anonymous: ... :O