Friday, April 10, 2009

Humanoid

I'm feeling almost human again.

You know when you've done really intense exercise, how your body aches and groans for the next few days? (If you're under thirty, you'll learn ... you'll learn!) That's how my mind feels. It feels like one of those little sponge dinosaurs that grows into something the size of your hand when you dip it into the bath. It's slowly re-assuming the old familiar shape.

Drove home yesterday afternoon after the prac exam. Was pretty wiped out so I excused myself from the impromptu hour-long run up the beach, and slept for that hour instead. Time well spent. Woke up with severe pillow-face just in time to listen to that excellent album of bluegrass covers of Franz Ferdinand that an Esteemed Colleague lent me, before going out and eating an enormous pizza for dinner. Yum yum yum. So salty.

I completely bludged today. Nothing to report. Except that it really IS better on holidays.

No comments: