Friday, February 27, 2009

Et tu, Ranga?

My day started well. We're being visited for the weekend by my Aged Mother, so I took her off to a nearby town and we had a coffee before walking up and down the beach for an hour. Then we met up with my Smaller Half for lunch before I set off for uni, as I had a liver microscopy prac to attend.

Unfortunately, that's when my car chose to betray me. It overheated soon after I left town, the temperature gauge swinging wildly around as I pulled off the road every few kilometres to let it cool down. I turned for home and searched around for a spanner-monkey to fix it. Once I got it to a mechanic, he told me he'd just fixed another car of the same model and year as mine for the same problem and that I shouldn't drive it over the weekend until he could look at it on Monday, or it might explode and scatter my limbs across the countryside.

Curses. No liver prac for me.

No comments: