Thursday, February 5, 2009

Apparently I have no social skills

Ha! I just finished doing a (fairly long) online questionnaire which purports to tell you which medical field you should end up working in. You have to grade yourself on a five-point scale for how much you agree with statements like, "I tend to be a good listener", and "I would like to drive a Porsche". Find the test here.

I was a bit surprised by the results. My top 10 were:
  1. Radiology
  2. Allergy & immunology
  3. Nuclear medicine
  4. General internal medicine
  5. Dermatology
  6. Neurosurgery
  7. Infectious diseases
  8. Pathology
  9. Psychiatry
  10. Preventive medicine
It kind of made me laugh to see radiology there at the top of the list. As you can probably tell from my last post, I'm in a kind of bad mood at the moment, so I suspect that I scored highly on the "Hatred For All Living Beings" scale when I did this test.

Nuclear medicine sounds cool - I could be like Doc Samson.

I was shocked to see neurosurgery there - I have zero interest in any type of surgery. In fact, all the rest of the surgeries are waaaay down the bottom end of my results list. As far as I can tell, neurosurgeons are all lunatics - am I really like that?

And dermatology?? Where the heck did that come from? I don't recall any questions about liking to wear enormous diamonds.

The things that I like the sound of, for example general practice, neurology, psychiatry, are nowhere to be found. Oh, psych is down there at number 9. I suppose that's some kind of encouragement, to be only mildly unsuitable for my chosen profession. At least it actually gave me an answer - I was half fearing a trap door would open in the floor and I would fall into the shark tank. That's what usually happens.

No comments: